For Immediate Release: November 7, 2019
Contact: Sharon Simpson, (240) 620-4095 or [email protected]
Dallas, Texas – As more credit unions consider potential mergers & acquisitions as part of their strategic growth strategies, ALM First is offering expanded solutions, including a five-phase merger advisory process.
David Ritter, CVA, MBA, recently joined ALM First as Managing Director, Strategic Solutions Group. Ritter brings a wealth of experience and his unique, hands-on approach to assisting credit unions, banks, mortgage companies, and CUSOs in achieving strategic growth and sustainability.
“A successful merger process begins with planning and preparation,” said Ritter. “We work closely with each client to develop the right merger strategy and confidentially identify potential prospects. Then, we continue facilitating the process as a true partner through post-merger integration. Combining ALM First’s quantitative analysis expertise with a full merger process, we are poised to assist our financial institution clients in identifying, exploring, and analyzing these exciting strategic growth opportunities.”
Beyond the merger valuations ALM First has provided to clients in the past, the firm now offers an in-depth Merger Advisory Service. The five core phases of this service include:
- Preparation & Planning – This includes board education, development of merger strategy and identification of merger prospects based on qualitative and quantitative attributes to determine fit and focus used to screen potential targets that conform to defined key target prospect criteria.
- Initiation & Structure – This focuses on the qualitative aspects of mergers and acquisitions from reaching out to identified candidates, assessing compatibility, and negotiating initial mutually beneficial transaction structure and strategy.
- Transaction Analysis – This phase includes a deep dive of the quantitative aspects of a merger with the prospect. This includes such areas as due diligence, fair valuation, combined ALM analysis, and incorporating contract cost and synergies into a combined financial projection.
- Definitive Agreements & Regulatory Approval – This encompasses definitive merger agreements, employment agreements, regulatory requirements, and anti-trust filings (if applicable).
- Closing & Integration – This phase begins with communication planning, includes execution and your member vote and follows through post-merger integration.
To learn more about the merger and strategic growth solution services ALM First provides, interested credit unions should contact [email protected].
About ALM First
ALM First is a strategic partner for depositories, offering an array of financial advisory services. Since 1995, our expertise in asset/liability management, fixed income portfolio management and hedging, has allowed us to deliver deeper insights into financial institutions’ balance sheets, strengthening their financial performance and building efficiencies. With approximately $25 billion of investments under management, ALM First is an SEC-registered investment advisor, acting as an unbiased third party, offering commission-free, fee-based services to over 300 financial institutions across the country.
For more information, call (800) 752-4628, or visit www.almfirst.com.