Department: Business Development
Reports To: Managing Director, Sales & Client Relations
Job Summary: ALM First is a successful 26-year-old asset management and consulting firm looking for a self-starting sales executive to drive revenue through consultative sales. The ideal candidate for this position has a demonstrated record of sales success, positive attitude, a tireless work ethic, excellent collaboration skills and an insatiable appetite to grow the ALM First brand.
- Experience in strategic sales planning and execution.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
- Experience selling to C-Suite Executives, ideally CEO/CFO/CLO/Finance or Lending professionals
- Fundamental understanding of finance and banking, capital markets, lending or treasury functions.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Work requires willingness to travel and work a flexible schedule
- Identify, develop, and evaluate marketing/sales strategy for a defined territory
- Prospecting and networking via telephone calls and face-to-face meetings with prospective clients.
- Develop sales presentations for delivery to prospective clients
- Create and deliver proposals to prospective clients.
- Utilize company resources as needed to secure commitments.
- Ensure successful handoff of new clients to financial advisory teams
- Attend industry events and trade shows for the purpose of generating leads and closing sales
- Stay informed on industry trends, changes in industry regulations and the competitive landscape
- Work with management and product development team to refine existing products as needed
- Generate new bank advisory clients and achieve targeted revenue goals
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum ten (10) years sales/marketing experience in the financial services industry required with a focus on external sales.
- PC/Windows-based software experience required with proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- External business development experience inclusive of cold calling, and CRM software.
- Product training and product demonstration experience required.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and team members.
ALM FIRST STATEMENT ON DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
ALM First believes deeply in equality and strongly supports diversity and inclusion. Many of the clients we serve were founded to provide equal economic opportunities for their communities. By providing fair and affordable access to credit, our depository clients are helping individuals and families of modest means buy their first homes and open or maintain their small businesses. We will continue our commitment to financial inclusion for all Americans as we serve the clients providing critical financial resources to the communities that need them most. We are always looking at how we can improve our own policies and practices to encourage diversity through the use of an Employee Task Force.