Department: Business Development
Reports To: Managing Director, Sales & Client Relations
Job Summary: ALM First is a successful 26-year-old asset management and consulting firm looking for a self-starting go-getter to drive revenue through high-level consultative sales discussions and appointment setting. The ideal candidate for this position has a demonstrated record of organization, sales success, positive attitude, a tireless work ethic, excellent collaboration skills and an insatiable appetite to grow the ALM First brand.
The Opportunity: As an Inside Sales team member you will be the voice of the company to prospective clients; you’ll learn more about their depository and educate them on how ALM First might be able to help them reach their goals. This is a great opportunity to learn, build up your career, and reap great financial rewards.
Your activities will directly translate to your earnings through our base + commission structure. You’ll be supporting an energetic and competitive 4-person sales team and will have the opportunity to learn organically from other intelligent and ambitious individuals.
- Develop sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts, soliciting new accounts, building rapport, providing high-level information and explanations.
- Conduct extensive amounts of outbound phone calls in order to generate new leads for sales team members.
- Assist sales team in pipeline management
- Generate proposals and contracts as needed
- Assist in marketing campaigns to drive product awareness and visibility among new prospects.
- Work with Marketing to keep references, pitch-books and other collateral/materials updated
- Actively updates ALM First’s CRM system utilizing data entry skills.
- Build relationships and strong partnerships between Sales and Marketing, serving as an intermediary to other functional areas of ALM First as well.
- Updates job knowledge by studying product descriptions and participating in educational opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience or more calling on B2B decision makers; ideally C-Suite contacts and Community Financial Institution executives
- Individuals who typically succeed in this role are driven, competitive, organized, and have been successful in financial services sales.
- Strong communication skills and ability to tailor conversations to your audience to set appointments and meetings for sales team.
- You’ll need to be introspective and coachable – learning from every conversation. You will receive training in advanced phone sales techniques, finance, capital markets, portfolio management and banking.
- PC/Windows-based software experience required with proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Knowledge of CRM systems, especially Salesforce, strongly desired.
- There will be minimal travel required in this role.
Language Skills: Strong command of the English language is required. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, prospects and team members. Sales representatives need to know when to talk and when to listen. Representatives will also learn how to listen for common objections and utilize sales training to overcome them.
ALM FIRST STATEMENT ON DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
ALM First believes deeply in equality and strongly supports diversity and inclusion. Many of the clients we serve were founded to provide equal economic opportunities for their communities. By providing fair and affordable access to credit, our depository clients are helping individuals and families of modest means buy their first homes and open or maintain their small businesses. We will continue our commitment to financial inclusion for all Americans as we serve the clients providing critical financial resources to the communities that need them most. We are always looking at how we can improve our own policies and practices to encourage diversity through the use of an Employee Task Force.