Department: Investment Management Group
Reports To: Senior Director
Job Summary: Support traders, portfolio managers, and client service in the development, communication, and execution of investment strategies that seek to maximize risk-adjusted performance across the firm’s discretionary and non-discretionary institutional mandates.
- Aid senior staff in portfolio strategy and construction, congruent with client’s investment guidelines and objectives
- Perform portfolio risk analytics and performance attribution and communicate findings to senior staff and client service
- Portfolio monitoring – review/analyze weekly analytics and portfolio weights to help inform investment decisions
- Support business development in RFP reviews, marketing material, and ad-hoc requests
- Monitor credit portfolios to evaluate ongoing credit quality and ratings migrations
- Re-balancing of model portfolios to model/target weights
- Assist in economic, market, and relative value research and commentary
- Respond to ad-hoc requests from traders and portfolio managers
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience, preferably in asset management, banking, or related field
- Understanding of macroeconomic and fixed income fundamentals
- Familiarity with securitized products, corporate credit, municipal bonds, and repo markets
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with VBA, SQL, or R is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Bloomberg, Intex, and other analytics platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and superior analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree and strong academic record with a concentration in finance, economics, mathematics, or other related quantitative/analytical discipline preferred. Advanced degree is a plus.
ALM FIRST STATEMENT ON DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
ALM First believes deeply in equality and strongly supports diversity and inclusion. Many of the clients we serve were founded to provide equal economic opportunities for their communities. By providing fair and affordable access to credit, our depository clients are helping individuals and families of modest means buy their first homes and open or maintain their small businesses. We will continue our commitment to financial inclusion for all Americans as we serve the clients providing critical financial resources to the communities that need them most. We are always looking at how we can improve our own policies and practices to encourage diversity through the use of an Employee Task Force.