Reports To: Director, Investment Operations
Qualifications: 2 to 5 years in an operational or investment accounting role with a financial institution, investment advisor or hedge fund. Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in finance.
- Assist in month-end close including updating the investment accounting system with new data and quality-checking the results
- Produce monthly investment reports and extracts for clients
- Reconciling new client investment portfolios
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly call reports
- Provide backup and assist in processing trades
- Identify pair-offs and trade assignments for the mortgage pipeline hedging line of business
- Provide backup and assist in the monitoring and verifying margin calls for clients
- Assist in preparation of reporting for managed mutual funds
- Extreme attention to detail and ability to review large amounts of data
- Exceptional analytical and communication skills
- Understanding of basic investment accounting concepts
- Understanding of security clearing processes and rules
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Using mathematics to solve problems
- Identifying simple problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
Desktop Computer Skills:
- Databases – Using a computer application to manage large amounts of information, including creating and editing simple databases, inputting data, retrieving specific records, and creating reports to communicate the information.
- Graphics – Working with pictures in graphics programs or other applications, including creating simple graphics, manipulating the appearance, and inserting graphics into other programs.
- Spreadsheets – Using a computer application to enter, manipulate, and format text and numerical data; insert, delete, and manipulate cells, rows, and columns; and create and save worksheets, charts, and graphs.
- Word Processing – Using a computer application to type text, insert pictures, format, edit, print, save, and retrieve word processing documents
- Accounting software
- Spreadsheet software
- Microsoft Excel
- Data base reporting software
- SAP Crystal Reports
- Electronic mail software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Office suite software
- Microsoft Office
- Must be precise, thorough and detail oriented
- Ability to recognize issues and to recommend changes to processes and approaches to improve efficiency
- Ability to work well within a daily, production, team-oriented environment where training will be provided by team members
- Solid interpersonal, teamwork and relationship building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
ALM FIRST STATEMENT ON DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
ALM First believes deeply in equality and strongly supports diversity and inclusion. Many of the clients we serve were founded to provide equal economic opportunities for their communities. By providing fair and affordable access to credit, our depository clients are helping individuals and families of modest means buy their first homes and open or maintain their small businesses. We will continue our commitment to financial inclusion for all Americans as we serve the clients providing critical financial resources to the communities that need them most. We are always looking at how we can improve our own policies and practices to encourage diversity through the use of an Employee Task Force.