Department: Loan Transaction Network
Reports To: Managing Director, LTN
This position will assist with the both the Mergers and Loan Transaction Network Groups in reviewing and assessing loan documentation completeness and valuation of portfolios.
- 8+ years in loan documentation and loan file review, with an emphasis in mortgage loan documentation and retail loan documentation.
- Extreme attention to detail and ability to review large amounts of data
- Understanding of loan processes from origination to funding
- Exceptional analytical and communication skills
- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Excellent computer skills
- Help create and build ALM First group that specializes in review of loan documentation and assessment of completeness.
- Develop methodology and procedures for loan file review
- Develop scoring system to determine level of loan file completeness that can be used in valuation of the portfolio
- Recruit and hire temporary and/or full-time staff to assist with document review
- If necessary, travel to loan document locations to review files in detail
- Must be precise, thorough and detail oriented
- Ability to recognize issues and to recommend changes to processes and approaches to improve efficiency
- Ability to work well within and lead a daily, production, team-oriented environment
- Solid interpersonal, teamwork and relationship building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Minimum Education Qualification
Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in finance, economics, mathematics, or other related quantitative/analytical discipline preferred.
ALM First Financial Advisors is a leading, trusted strategic partner for depository institutions, offering an array of financial advisory services. Since 1995, our expertise in asset liability management, fixed income portfolio management and hedging, has allowed us to deliver deeper insights into financial institutions’ balance sheets, strengthening their financial performance and building efficiencies. With more than $75 billion of investments under management. ALM First is an SEC-registered investment advisor, acting as an unbiased third party, offering commission-free, fee-based services to over 350 financial institutions nationwide.
ALM FIRST STATEMENT ON DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
ALM First believes deeply in equality and strongly supports diversity and inclusion. Many of the clients we serve were founded to provide equal economic opportunities for their communities. By providing fair and affordable access to credit, our depository clients are helping individuals and families of modest means buy their first homes and open or maintain their small businesses. We will continue our commitment to financial inclusion for all Americans as we serve the clients providing critical financial resources to the communities that need them most. We are always looking at how we can improve our own policies and practices to encourage diversity through the use of an Employee Task Force.